The Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies and Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information about you as a user of iSnapper.
What information do we collect?
To use iSnapper, a user must first complete the registration form. When registering to use iSnapper, you are required to provide information such as your name, e-mail address, vessel registration numbers, and create a username and password. This information is used to validate access upon login and provide a personalized user experience. When you visit the mobile application or website, we may use GPS technology if enabled (or other similar technology) to determine your current location to assist with such features as locating a nearby marina or boat ramp. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- We continually strive to improve iSnapper mobile application and website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To provide you with location features and services, like telling you what marinas are nearby.
- The email address you provide may be used to send information to you, respond to inquiries, contact you requesting your input, and/or respond to other requests or questions.
- If we have questions about the information you provided on a form, we may contact you via email or by phone for this purpose.
- Questions involving specific catch and effort data will be recorded and used for scientific purposes only.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the iSnapper Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to iSnapper, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the iSnapper mobile application, conducting iSnapper business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Catch and effort data collected from this mobile app and website will be made available to Marine Recreational Information Program, appropriate liaisons in National Marine Fisheries Service, Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, and other appropriate end-users in a timely manner and in readily usable formats. These data will be summarized and not identifiable on an individualized basis. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce iSnapper mobile application policies, or protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or in response to a government request.
Use of Aggregate Information:
Some information we collect on this website and mobile application may be shared with third parties on an aggregate (non-individual) basis.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (COPPA)
The iSnapper mobile application is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. The iSnapper mobile application, products, and services are designed and directed to participants who are at least 13 years old or older.
You may contact iSnapper by postal mail or electronic mail.
Harte Research Institute
iSnapper Research Team
6300 Ocean Dr., UNIT 5869
Corpus Christi, TX 78412